Terms & Condition
Welcome to FindFellow, your personal matchmaking advertiser. FindFellow is an advertising platform providing targeted advertising services for matchmaking alliances and replaces the traditional newspaper classified. FindFellow helps you promote and advertise your profile to the prospective alliance partner to drive an 'Accept', the first step in seeking a life-partner. Access to the FindFellow is free.
To register as a member of FindFellow or use this Site, you must be legally competent and of legal marriageable age as per the laws of India (currently, 18 years or over). The FindFellow site is only to facilitate personal advertisement for lawful marriage alliance between persons who are legally competent to enter into matrimony under the laws to which they are subject. Membership in the Service is void where prohibited. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, consent, authority, and legal capacity to enter into this Agreement and that you are not prohibited or prevented by any applicable law for the time being in force or any order or decree or injunction from any court, tribunal or any such competent authority restraining you from entering into matrimony. You further confirm that you intent to seek a life partner and that you shall not use this site for casual dating. You also agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If at any time FindFellow is of the opinion (in its sole discretion) or has any reason to believe that you are not eligible to become a member or that you have made any misrepresentation, FindFellow reserves the right to forthwith terminate your membership and / or your right to use the Service without any refund to you of any of your unutilized subscription fee.
You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by writing to FindFellow. In the event you terminate your membership, you will not be entitled to a refund of any unutilized subscription fees, if any, paid by you, except where otherwise stated in writing. FindFellow may terminate your access to the Site and/or your membership for any reason effective upon sending notice to you at the email address as provided you in your application for membership or such other email address as you may later provided to FindFellow. If FindFellow terminates your membership for breach of terms of this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any Subscription fees, if any, paid by you. Certain provisions of this Agreement including sections 4, 5, 7 and sections 9 to14, of this Agreement shall remain effective even on termination. Term for the paid Membership would be in accordance with the type of membership undertaken.
3. Non-Commercial Use by Members.
The Site is for the personal use of individual members to advertise and promote their profiles for the purpose of generating Accepts from relevant matches and cannot be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. This includes providing links to other web sites, whether deemed competitive to FindFellow or otherwise. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses cannot become Members of FindFellow and should not use the FindFellow Service or Site for any purpose. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Site, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
1. FindFellow reserves the right in it's sole discretion to review the activity & status of each account & block the account of a member based on such review.
2. You hereby confirm that as on date of this registration, you do not have any objection to receive emails, messages and calls from FindFellow and members of FindFellow as long as you are a registered member of FindFellow. This consent shall supersede any preferences set by you with or registration done with the Do Not Disturb (DND Register)/ National Customer Preference Register (NCPR). This consent extends to emails, messages or calls relating but not limited to phone number verification, the provision of matchmaking advertising service, matchmaking enquiries and promotions.
3. Multiple profiles of the same person are not allowed on FindFellow. FindFellow reserves the right to deactivate all multiple profiles without any refund of subscription fees.
4. You confirm that the Content, information including the personal information provided by you is correct and accurate.
5. You are strongly advised to submit copy of your Driving License, Passport or any other Government issued identity and add a trust badge to your profile.
6. Except for the purpose of promoting/advertising your profile for matchmaking purposes, you cannot engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other FindFellow Members. Although FindFellow cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the FindFellow Site, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from other members in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent.
7. FindFellow reserves the right to take appropriate steps as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion in order to protect FindFellow and/or its Members from any abuse / misuse.
8. You cannot use any automated processes, including IRC Bots, EXE's, CGI or any other programs/scripts to view content on or communicate / contact / respond / interact with FindFellow and/or its members.
9. FindFellow reserves the right to screen communications/advertisements that you may send to other Member(s) and also regulate the same by deleting unwarranted/obscene communications/advertisements at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice to any Member.
10. FindFellow Members are expected to exercise simple precautions for their privacy and safety. A suggestive guideline of such precautions is enlisted under Security Tips. By becoming a Member you hereby agree to abide and adhere to the said Tips.
11. FindFellow Members who subscribe to the FindFellow Select Service hereby, unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read terms and conditions and agree to abide by them.
5. Proprietary Rights in the Content on FindFellow
FindFellow owns and retains all proprietary rights in the FindFellow Site and the FindFellow Service. The Site contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of FindFellow, and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain such as member profile or for which permission has been obtained from the user, you cannot copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. Any such act or an attempted act on your part shall constitute a violation of this Agreement and your membership is liable to be terminated forthwith by FindFellow without refund of any of your unused Subscription fees. FindFellow reserves right to take legal action (civil and/or criminal) wherever applicable for any violations.
6. Content Posted on the Site.
1. You understand and agree that FindFellow may delete any listing, content, communication, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgment of FindFellow violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of either FindFellow and/or its Members.
2. With respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site including but not limited to your contact details, you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably grant to FindFellow the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the Site and to FindFellow Centre members from time to time.
3. You shall use the Services only to market and promote your profile and to reach out to other Members for the purpose of driving an 'Accept' from relevant matches. You understand and hereby agree that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, communications, tags, or other Content whether publicly posted or privately transmitted or otherwise made available to FindFellow or FindFellow Centre members, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated and shall be at the member's/person's sole risks and consequences. This means that you (and not FindFellow) are solely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. FindFellow does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will FindFellow be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. FindFellow reserves the right to verify the authenticity of Content posted on the Site. In exercising this right, FindFellow may ask you to provide any documentary or other form of evidence supporting the Content you post on the Site. If you fail to produce such evidence to the satisfaction of FindFellow, FindFellow may, in its sole discretion, terminate your Membership without a refund.
4. By posting Content/ advertising to any public area of FindFellow, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to FindFellow, and other FindFellow Members, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
5. The following is an indicative list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Site. FindFellow will investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this Agreement, including without limitation, removing the offending communication / Content from the Service and terminating the Membership of such violators without a refund. Illegal and prohibitive Content includes Content which:
6. is blatantly offensive to the community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry , hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
7. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
8. involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
9. promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
10. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
11. contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page) ;
12. displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
13. provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
14. provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
15. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
16. engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
17. You must use the FindFellow Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules and regulations.
18. You cannot include in your Member profile, visible to other members, any telephone numbers, street addresses, URL's, and email addresses.
7. Copyright Policy.
You cannot post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the FindFellow service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our Site;
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be sent to us in writing to the Mumbai address located under the Help/Contact section on the site.
8. Member Disputes.
You are solely responsible for your advertisement/communications with other FindFellow Members. FindFellow reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members. FindFellow also reserves the right to take appropriate action against errant members. However, FindFellow is not obliged to share such action with other members, including complainants. FindFellow expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any transactions or interactions between the members inter-se.
9. Contributions towards FindFellow Cares
1. FindFellow Cares, a Social Initiative by FindFellow. 2. FindFellow is only facilitating the transactions on www.FindFellow for collecting the contribution towards FindFellowcares. 3. FindFellow shall not be responsible for the end use of the amounts being contributed. 4. For any reason if the FindFellow agrees to refund the amount paid for subscription, in such an event the amount contributed to FindFellowcares shall not be liable for refund.
1. FindFellow is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content/listing posted on the Site or in connection with the FindFellow Service, whether caused by Users, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service, nor for the conduct of any User and/or Member of the FindFellow Service whether online or offline.
2. FindFellow assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User and/or Member communications or any communications by FindFellow to its Members.
3. FindFellow is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting and/or in connection with the FindFellow Service.
4. Under no circumstances will FindFellow be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service and/or any Content posted on the FindFellow Site or transmitted to FindFellow Members.
5. The exchange of matchmaking profile(s) through or by "FindFellow" is not a matrimonial offer and/or recommendation from/by FindFellow. FindFellow shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any individual arising out of, or subsequent to, any relations (including but not limited to matrimonial relations) established pursuant to the use of FindFellow.
6. The Site and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and FindFellow expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. FindFellow cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site and/or the FindFellow Service.
7. FindFellow expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of any Content/listing posted on the Site / made available to FindFellow by any Members or the users of the Site or any third party.
8. FindFellow does not assume any responsibility or liability for any illegal Content posted on the Site by any Members, users or any third party.
9. All liability, whether civil or criminal arising out of any Content that is Posted on the Site will be of that Member / user / third party who has Posted such Content and FindFellow reserves its right to claim damages from such Member/ user / third party that it may suffer as a result of such Content Posted on the Site. FindFellow does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service.
12. Limitation on Liability.
In no event will FindFellow be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Site or the FindFellow Service, even if FindFellow has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, FindFellow's liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to FindFellow, for the Service during the term of membership.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Site and/or the Service, by using the Site, you unconditionally agree that all such disputes and/or differences will be governed by the laws of India and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Competent Courts in Mumbai, India only.
1. By becoming a Member of the FindFellow service, you agree to receive certain specific email from FindFellow and/or its group sites. You can unsubscribe at any time for any reason quickly and easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link enclosed in the mail. You can also manage your subscription to these emails using the My Alert Manager option. 2. This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Site and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the FindFellow service, contains the entire agreement between you and FindFellow regarding the use of the Site and/or the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
By becoming a member of FindFellow and/or using the Services of the Site, you unconditionally and irrevocably confirm that you have read and understood the above provisions and agree to abide by them.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this service agreement.
1. What information does FindFellow collect/track about me?
FindFellow is an advertising platform providing targeted advertising services for the purpose of matchmaking. In order to do provide the services, we ask for certain personal information which is displayed on the site. (This information includes physical / mental disability.) (Of course, all FindFellow visitors may browse the site, search member profiles and view any articles or features our site has to offer without entering any personal information.)
Information Collected/Tracked by FindFellow
FindFellow gathers two types of information:
i. Information users submit; and
ii. Information not directly submitted.
1. Information users submit
There are two types of user-submitted information we collect: Public and Private. We define Public information as personal information that may be displayed on the site at the behest of the member, such as gender, age, height, telephone number, photograph, etc. Private information is defined as any information that allows others to contact a user other than through FindFellow or allows the collection of information about the user other than what is displayed on the site. Public:To order to make the services of advertising to the relevant targeted members, we gather personal information, which may or may not include: customer-specified FindFellow username, gender, age, religion, income range, profession, telephone number, preference/lifestyle information, general geographic location, photograph and horoscope. Private:This information is gathered from members and guests who apply for the various services our site offers. This information includes, but is not limited to: email address, first name, last name, credit card number or checking account information for payment, a user-specified password, mailing address, zip code and telephone number. FindFellow also allows members to submit public and private information on behalf of others - child/ward, sibling or friend. If such child/ward, sibling or friend does not wish this information to be displayed, she/he has the option to request removal of such information after providing the necessary evidence that the information pertains to her/him.
FRAMING: We utilize framing techniques to make it appear that the user is still on the web site when they are actually on a third party web site.
SURVEYS & CONTESTS: From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, and age).
FindFellow AFFILIATE PARTNERS: The Affiliate Partner program is a vehicle for other websites to link to FindFellow. No personal member information is exchanged with the Affiliate Partner.
Additional Features of the Site :-
TESTIMONIALS: Satisfied users of FindFellow have chosen to post testimonials on our web site. All permissions have been obtained to post these testimonials.
LIVE CHAT: FindFellow has tied up with LIVE person for it's live chat feature. Information you provide on chat is stored on the LIVE person's server but is not used by them. FindFellow also saves chats for tracking and MIS purpose.
MESSENGER: If you use our online instant messaging function on this Web site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of this platform, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in this platform.
2. Information not directly submitted
AGGREGATE: This is information we collect that is not personally identifiable, such as browser type and IP address. This information is gathered for all users to the site.
2. What does FindFellow do with the information it collects/tracks?
FindFellow uses the information it collects in the following ways: Information users submit
Public: Public information supplied by members is an advertisement intended to be viewed by visitors to the site. This information is used by visitors for searching and matching purposes. Public information cannot be used to identify a specific member by address, etc (except photograph, posting of which is voluntary). All members also have an option to post their telephone number. The members can choose to display the telephone number to premium members only. This display preference can be changed anytime by the member by visiting the My Contact Details page and opting not to display the telephone number and other contact details to other members. Only premium members can view telephone number(s) of other members who have opted to show their contact details to premium members.
Private: We primarily use member's email addresses to verify enrollment and to send system emails on behalf of other members. Email addresses are not disclosed to members. We may also use user's email address to send news regarding our site or our group sites, but the users may choose not to receive such emails by unsubscribing. Email addresses may also be used in private correspondence with the user for customer service issues. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services. All other private information submitted by the user is confidential and is not disclosed except as required by law or to protect members of FindFellow. All private information except financial information submitted during the process of a financial transaction & certain account-related information collected at the time of registration can be updated or deleted by the user at any time, as follows:-
Updating public information:
Login to your FindFellow account
Click on My Profile
Use Edit options in the page to update relevant information and submit
NOTE: To prevent misuse of the system, some information such as date of birth can be changed only on request. To do so, go to Help and use the Write to Customer Relations option.
Updating private information:
Login to your FindFellow account
Click on My Account
Update relevant information and submit
SURVEYS & CONTESTS: Contact and other information collected for contests is used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information collected is used to monitor or improve the site usage experience..
FindFellow'S AFFILIATE PARTNERS: Information submitted by the Affiliate Partner is used for establishing and maintaining a business relationship. No personal or business information is shared outside the relationship between FindFellow and the Affiliate Partner. Affiliate Partners may not view or access private information of FindFellow subscribers.
FindFellow allows members to write messages to other members to advertise there personal profile for matrimonial alliance. While FindFellow exercises reasonable care to prevent site misuse, we strongly recommend you establish the authenticity and intent of members before giving out personally identifiable information in such messages. Information not directly submitted
We use your server IP address, and browser-type related information in the general administration of our website.
As a matrimonial service we endeavour to provide transparency in the dealings of members on our website. Hence, we display details such as Last Online date in member profiles, and also provide notifications of read messages to the sending member.
We may store member login ids of users and their IP addresses for certain activities they perform for security purposes in order to track down the person in case of illegal activities.
3. With whom does FindFellow share the information it collects/tracks?
4. Tell me about links with other sites.
FindFellow may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that FindFellow is not responsible for the privacy practices of other Web sites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by FindFellow.
5. Tell me about Cookies.
help a website recognize repeat users; facilitate the user's ongoing access to and use of the site; allow a site to track usage behavior; compile aggregate data for content improvements; and undertake targeted advertising.
Please note that cookies are used only to recollect information sent to your computer from FindFellow. We CANNOT access any information not sent by FindFellow.
6.Tell me about FindFellow policy on correcting, updating or removing personal information.
FindFellow allows you to modify or remove both public and private information from our database. Private information such as financial information submitted during the process of a financial transaction & certain account-related information collected at the time of registration however cannot be changed or removed by the user.
8. Tell me about security of my personal information. FindFellow takes every precaution to protect your information, both online and offline.
When our registration/order process asks you to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), such information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect your information offline. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transaction and once we receive it. All your information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We have also done everything in our power to prevent misuse of photographs. Apart from not allowing photographs to be downloaded or copied, we have watermarked them with the FindFellow logo. This acts as a further deterrent for illegal use elsewhere.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, please email us.
9. Tell me about FindFellow's email policy.
We use email extensively to help you find your match on FindFellow. Our main email products and services include: Member responses to your profile (called Contact Alert); Partner matches for you (called Match Mail); and Newsletters updating you of the latest features on our site.
Occasionally, we may also send you: Announcements of special events which FindFellow is associated with; or Special offers from partner sites or group sites, which we believe are useful for you.
As a FindFellow member, you are automatically subscribed to all of the above, as an integral part of our matchmaking services to you. However, at any time, you may choose to manage your subscriptions to one or more of the above (except Contact Alert). All our emails will carry a link to help you do this. You can also independently manage your email subscription using the My Alerts Manager option.
We reiterate that we will never sell / rent out your email address to any third party, unless you expressly permit us to do so. In fact, we do not allow ANYONE to see your email address, not even other FindFellow members.